Aye Aye Cap'n (Crunch) French Toast
- 1 loaf Challah Bread, sliced into 1 inch slices
- 3-4 cups Captain Crunch Cereal, crunched up a bit to create 1-2 cups of crumbs and some larger chucks
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or half and half
- 1/4 cup Italian Sweet Cream or Vanilla Creamer
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 TBSP butter
- Liquid Gold (click on link or see recipe below) or Maple Syrup for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a shallow dish, beat together eggs, milk or half and half, creamer, vanilla, and salt. In a second shallow dish, place crunched up cereal. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and coat with some butter. Place a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray close to your work area. Coat 4 to 6 slices of bread in egg mixture, depending on the size of your griddle, then coat bread in cereal. Cook slices 2 minutes on each side and transfer french toast to prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining slices and transfer french toast to oven. Bake 12 minutes, serve with Liquid Gold or Maple Syrup. ENJOY!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple flavoring (found with all the extract flavors in the baking aisle)
In a medium pot over medium-high heat (you need enough room for this to boil), bring all ingredients to a rolling boil for 2-3 minutes. Watch very carefully so the mixture does not over boil all over your stove.
This recipe serves about 5. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, simply reheat in the microwave.
This recipe has been linked up at:
Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
This Chick Cooks
Simply Sweet Home