Friday, April 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Crackle Brownies

CRAP PICTURE ALERT!!! 
Sorry.  Picture was taken with my phone AFTER the dish was halfway gone.  I had taken it to a friends house for dinner, so I baked it in a disposable pan for easier transportation.  So, disposable pan + half eaten brownies+camera phone=crap picture.
Also...
DISCLOSURE TO MY TRAINER!!! 
Mark, if you are reading this, I cannot confirm or deny that I may or may not have stuffed myself silly with these bad-boys during my "poor me" week last week.  But I did Zumba and Zumba Toning, so that should cancel out at least 2 of them right?!  Don't answer that...just don't bring this up at the weigh in OK?
Seriously, these are crack-a-licious brownies.  Like, the ass-jiggle is totally worth it brownies.

Peanut Butter Crackle Brownies
aka, Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownie Bars and Better Than Crack Brownie Bars
Recipe Slightly Adapted from:  Brown Eyed Baker
  • 1 batch of your favorite brownie recipe or boxed mix for a 9×13-inch pan
  • 10 Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped
  • 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
  • 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
  • ½ tablespoon butter
  • 1½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
  • pinch finely ground sea salt

Prepare the brownies according to the directions and bake for about 5 minutes less than the recipe states. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with the chopped peanut butter cups. Return to the oven and bake for 5 additional minutes.
While they are finishing baking, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the cereal and sea salt to evenly coat. Remove the brownies from the oven and evenly pour the chocolate and peanut butter mixture over top. Spread to cover evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting and serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

This recipe has been linked to:
Tidy Mom
Simply Sweet Home
Mommy's Kitchen

4 comments:

  1. These sound delicious. I love your 'crap picture alert' and 'disclosure' to your trainer.... funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me laugh. I just love reading your posts!! And my jiggly-ass is calling out to these brownies. I LOVE peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, you little devil you! I punish myself with workouts just to eat this kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm gonna skip the brownie and go straight for the topping!

    ReplyDelete