Poor Man's Stir Fry
Recipe Source: Kitchen of Siggy Spice
- 1 pound of Ground Beef (you could also use Ground Turkey, Chicken, or Pork)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 TBSP Toasted Sesame Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 5 Green Onions, white and green parts sliced
- 14 ounces Coleslaw Mix (or finely shredded cabbage)
- 4 TBSP Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Braggs Liquid Amino (more to taste)
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce (more to taste)
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger, paste or grated. (more to taste)
- 2 packets Truvia (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 bag (14-16 ounces) Frozen Stir-Fry Veggies. I use the Trader Joe's Hodgepodge Harvest, but feel free to use what you like
- 2 cups cooked Brown Rice. Trader Joe's makes a handy dandy pre-cooked frozen brown rice that is wonderful here, you could also make cauliflower rice to go carb free.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Heat up Sesame Oil in pan and saute Garlic, Green Onions, Coleslaw, and Stir Fry Veggies until desired tenderness.
Stir in the Soy Sauce, Sriracha, Ginger, Truvia, and White Vinegar
Add the Ground Beef and Brown Rice into the veggies and mix well. Taste it and make sure it is seasoned well for your tastes, adding more Soy Sauce, Sriracha, Ginger to taste.
This recipe is linked up at:
Simply Sweet Home