Better Than Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana
Recipe Source: Steak N Potatoes Kinda Gurl
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 lb ground hot Italian sausage
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (32 oz) chicken stock
- 3 cups russet potatoes, cubed
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups kale, washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
Add the onion to the pan; saute until translucent; add garlic; saute until fragrant. Add the bacon and sausage back into the pot.
Stir in the stock and potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Add kale and heavy whipping cream. Bring to a simmer. Top with Parmesan cheese, when serving.
This recipe has been linked up to:
This Chick Cooks
The Country Cook
SImply Sweet Home
Eat at Home