- 1-½ cups warm water
- 1 TBSP instant (rapid rise) yeast from a jar. Sorry, the packets don't hold a full TBSP
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 3-½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-4 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP garlic salt
- 1-2 tsp herbs/seasoning of your choice. I am using an herb blend that is for mixing with olive oil and dipping bread, but any herb or combo of herbs that you like would work well.
- 4 TBSP melted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Mix together water, yeast, sugar, flour, and salt in a large bowl or electric mixer and knead for three minutes. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread 1-2 TBSP olive oil (just enough to coat) onto the bottom of a 16"x14" cookie sheet. Roll out the breadstick dough about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick and large enough to fit onto baking sheet. Place whole sheet of dough on baking sheet, then brush 1-2 TBSP olive oil over top of dough making sure it is all lightly covered. Sprinkle garlic salt and herbs of choice over top of olive oil. Using a pizza cutter, cut breadsticks into desired length and width. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
Remove plastic wrap and place in preheated oven and allow to bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush melted butter all over top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve, eat, and break out into a little diddy about breadstick lovveeee!
This recipe has been linked up at:
Mommy's Kitchen Sunday Potluck
recipe adapted from My Kitchen Cafe