However, the Mom in me came out. We have a strict "no thank you" bite rule in our house. You simply can not say you don't like something unless you try a bite. Then if you don't like it, you have every right to say "no thank you". So, I tried the recipe. It was fabulous!!! My kids liked it, my husband liked it, and as I slowly savored all the layers of flavor this dish offers, I knew I found a definite re-do! I got to pat myself on the back for not only making a scrumptious meal but for teaching this "old dog" that there are new tricks outside of this box!
- 4 pieces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut Into Bite Sized Pieces)
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper (I used 1/4 tsp just to make it kiddo friendly and it wasn't the least bit spicy)
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
- ¼ teaspoons Cumin
- ¼ teaspoons Cardamom
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 1 whole Onion, Diced
- ¼ cups Butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 pint Whipping Cream
- 1 bunch Chopped Fresh Cilantro, to taste (I used about 2 TBSP because of the Cilantro haters in my house)
Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream and Cilantro just before serving over Basmati rice. Seriously, do yourself a favor and try the Basmati Rice....a total new favorite in our house and has replaced the Market Pantry bag from Super Target forever!!!
For the Trader Joe's peeps, our friend Joe carries not only white, but brown Basmati rice AND the most fabulous frozen garlic Naan Bread to serve with this gem!
Recipe Source: Tasty Kitchen Member lillieknits
This recipe has been linked up at:
Mommy's Kitchen Sunday Potluck