BBQ Chicken and Pineaaple Quesadilla
Recipe slightly adapted from: Pioneer Woman
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1-2 cups Grilled Pineapple. I used the canned Dole Tropical Gold, each chunk sliced in half once grilled
- 3 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Optional, Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- 3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated - I used a Cheddar, Jack, and Mozzarella blend
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Sliced - I grilled my slices to mellow them out a bit
- Cilantro, chopped - to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Barbecue Sauce, more to taste - My favorite is Bullseye original
(To grill pineapple: cut wedges, stick on skewers, and grill over low heat. Cut into slices.)
(To pound chicken, place inside a Ziploc bag and pound with a mallet or large can to flatten to uniform thickness.)
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and Cajun or Creole spice. Drizzle olive oil on a grill pan and grill on both sides until done, brushing with barbecue sauce. Set aside and slice into very thin slices.
Warm griddle over medium heat and put sizzling butter in the pan. Slightly warm and toast tortillas on both sides, then remove from griddle and set aside.
To assemble, sprinkle four browned tortillas with grated Monterey Jack. Arrange chicken slices evenly over the surface. Add pineapple slices and jalapeno slices. Sprinkle on cilantro. If desired, drizzle extra barbecue sauce over the top. Add second browned tortilla on top of each one. (You'll have four complete quesadillas at this point.)
Add to a heated oven to warm, or back to skillet to warm, until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo, and lime wedges. Black beans and rice make a GREAT side!
This recipe has been linked up to:
This Chick Cooks
The Country Cook
Simply Sweet Home