Monday, March 29, 2010

Bunny Bark


Here is a quick and fun Easter themed treat to make with the kiddos, you know just in case you had some time to spare this week! This recipe is totally flexible to make for all the holidays but since Easter kinda snuck up on me this year, I thought this would serve as my kids craft and special fun treat all in one! This recipe is a spin off of Recipe Girl's Halloween inspired Candy Corn Bark. But, you all know me..I tweaked, I blinged, and I came up with this! We made one batch using mini Robin Eggs and one batch using jelly beans and no one has yet picked a favorite.
So, perk up those ears and fluff that tail and whip up some of these quick yummies...just remember, bunny mask is entirely optional when munching!

Ingredients:
  • 14 Golden Oreo Cookies, broken into small-ish pieces. You could use regular or the spring one's too.
  • 1 1/2 cups broken pretzel pieces
  • 1 pound white chocolate, almond bark, or white candy disk melts found in the bulk section of some grocery stores
  • 1 cup your choice of candy. As I said, I used Robin Eggs in one batch and Jelly Beans in another. Other options would be Easter Candy Corn, Pastel M&M's, etc.
  • pastel sprinkles
Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Spread broken cookies, pretzels, and about 3/4 cup of candy of choice onto the waxed paper. Place the white chocolate in a container and microwave for 1 minute - 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth. White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than regular chocolate. It also does that funky seize up thing if you microwave for too long too.
Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with a spatula if needed to coat evenly. Sprinkle remaining candy and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet. Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm. Remove and gently break bark into small pieces. Store in air tight container.
In case you were so blinded by the cuteness of the above bunny picture, here is how my bark turned out minus the bunny! Special loves to my sweet kiddo for being my model, I will pay for your therapy if it scars you too much - xoxo



This recipe has been linked up at:
Mommy's Kitchen
Tidy Mom
Simply Sweet Home

2 comments:

  1. jason goes back to work this weekend, and this will give us something to do! I will let you know how it turns out!
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try this with my little guy tonight when he gets home from Grandma's! =0) Thanks for the inspiration. And your bunny model is adorable! =0)

    ReplyDelete