Shirley Temple Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cup Sprite, Sierra Mist, or 7-Up (again, please DO NOT use diet!)
- 3 TBSP Grenadine Syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Cherry Extract (optional, just for a little extra oompf of cherry-lovin')
- 1 jar (10 oz) of Maraschino Cherries, drained and chopped
- 24 extra Maraschino Cherries, patted dry for garnish
- Favorite vanilla-y frosting. Truth be told, I just used jarred Vanilla Whipped icing (((GASP)))
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place 24 cupcake liners into standard muffin tin.
Combine cake mix, soda of choice, Grenadine Syrup, egg whites, vegetable oil, and cherry extract with a hand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Fold in chopped bits of Maraschino Cherry. Pour cake mix into cupcake papers, evenly distributing among them. Bake for 21-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting. Top with additional cherry for garnish. ENJOY!
This recipe has been linked up at:
This Chick Cooks
Simply Sweet Home
Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Eat at Home