This dish was a perfect choice, but careful, this is one FUGLY dish.
Fugly, but YUM-I-LICIOUS!
This is one of those dishes that I wished for a scratch and sniff feature for my blog.
The highly affordable cube steak cooks until fork tender with creamy, beefy, mushroom-y rice on top.
The only change I will make next time is to cut the cube steaks into smaller steaks. I had some gargantuan pieces that I ended up having to split because they were just too big, so I think cutting them into palm sized steaks will help with serving.
Cube Steak Casserole
Recipe Adapted From: The Serendipity Bistro
- 4-6 Cube Steaks
- 1 packet dry Onion Soup mix
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cans water (soup can, obviously)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped small
- 1 cup Minute rice (brown or white)
- flour seasoned to taste. I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
Dredge cube steaks in seasoned flour. Brown cube steaks on both sides in a skillet of hot oil. Transfer cube steaks to a 9x13 baking dish. Mix Cream of Mushroom Soup, Onion Soup, Mushrooms, and water together. Pour over cube steaks. Sprinkle rice over all (aiming most to be in the liquid portion). Cover with foil & bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Recipe linked up at:
Simply Sweet Home
This Chick Cooks