Thursday, October 20, 2011

Caramel Apple Crisp Pizza

The NC State Farmer's Market is busting at the seams with apples, apples, apples.  It is just such a  fall sight for my sick-of-summer eyes.  In that spirit, here is a very fall recipe for you!  It is super scrumptious and really a snap to put together....my kind of dessert.  It is perfect topped off with some vanilla ice cream, you know, to lighten it up a bit, lol! 

Caramel Apple Crisp Pizza
Recipe adapted from:  Life as a Lofthouse
  • Pastry for single-crust pie ( 9 inches )
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 3 TBSP All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
  • 3 Large apples, peeled and diced into 1/4 inch pieces.  I like to use 1 Granny Smith and 2 Braeburn.  Definitely make sure you use at least 1 Granny Smith...the tartness pairs so well with the sweet.  Also, the combos of textures and taste keep it interesting!
TOPPING:
  • 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/3 cup packed Brown Sugar
  • 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
  • 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup Butter, softened
  • Caramel topping...of course, if you can, use Trader Joe's Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce

Lay out the pie crust on a pizza pan or cookie sheet.  Roll out slightly; fold under or flute the edges. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss. Arrange the apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it.
Combine the topping ingredients in a bowl and then sprinkle evenly over the apples.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven, cut into slices, and serve with a drizzle with caramel.

This recipe has been linked up at:
Tidy Mom
Simply Sweet Home
This Chick Cooks

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great, and yours looks so pretty...I don't think my version would look nearly as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I want this RIGHT NOW! Ooooh yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try this recipe. It looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. I recently found your blog and plan on following often. Please pop on over to my blog and perhaps you might like to follow me too. I would like that. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, love, LOVE the looks and sounds of this pizza dessert!

    ReplyDelete