Cheesy Bloomin' Onion Bread
Recipe adapted from: Baking and Creating with Avril
- 1 loaf crusty Sourdough bread. You want something with a good crust on it, otherwise, it will not survive the cutting
- 14 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, white and green parts sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the bread length-wise and width-wise without cutting through the bottom crust.
Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Insert cheese slices between cuts. Combine butter, Worcestershire Sauce, Dry Mustard,and Onion Powder. Drizzle over bread. Sprinkle Poppy Seeds and green onions over the top of the bread, making sure to get into each nook and cranny. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Unwrap the bread and bake 15 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
This recipe has been linked up at:
Simply Sweet Home
The Country Cook
This Chick Cooks
Eat at Home