Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hump-Day Confessional


photo courtesy of photo.xchng
 Hello...remember me?  It has been forever!  I have been sick, sick, sick.  And my kiddos have been sick, sick, sick.  Basically, the past month has been one of the longest of my life!  We ALL got eye/ear/sinus funk about 5 days apart.  My ear has been plugged for 3 weeks now.  I have been on antibiotics, steroids, Sudafed, Zyrtec.  I have tried Ear Candles, Peroxide, frog urine....just kidding...unless it would be rumored to work, then I would totally try it.  Anyway, so that is where I have been.
So, my friend Ashley started doing a "Monday Confessional" on her blog and I absolutely LOVE it, so I am totally stealing the idea! I think it is a great way to get to know me a bit more. Some will be serious, some fun, some probably a little TMI....but it is all the glory of me, lol!

Hold on tight cause here we go!!!

  1. I confess....I love to make up songs. Songs about nothing...songs about whatever I am doing at the moment...songs about what I am trying to make my kiddos do. Sometimes I will be in the middle of a of a conversation, and I will just finish it in song. All I need to do is add-in some swanky dance moves and jazz hands and I would be a freaking walking musical. My poor children.
  2. I confess...At this moment, I have approximately 7 pairs of underware dangling off my bedroom ceiling fan. I am not even sure how it happened. Maybe some sort of leap-year gag? Perhaps an underware gnome thought it would be HI-larious to see the look-o-shock on my face last night when I went to bed. But I was a smooth operator. I just looked, shook my head, and walked out. HA! I will show them.
  3. I confess...I am honestly starting to get freaked out that my ear is going to stay plugged forever. Have you ever gotten sick for so long you start to forget what it was like to feel well? That is how I feel.
  4. I confess...I really, REALLY want a French Bulldog. Like, really bad. I want to get a girl and name it something obviously French-like. Maybe Coco or Odette or Eloise or Esme. Thoughts?  Any other really really French names I am missing? 
  5. I confess....I returned $85 dollars worth of groceries to Trader Joe's this week. I cleaned out my pantry to rid it of all the stuff we are not eating anymore. At first, I was going to throw it out or perhaps donate it. Then I remembered that Trader Joe's has an AWESOME return policy. So I called them and explained we aren't eating sugar or higher carb items and could I return 3 bags of groceries from my pantry. They said yes, so I did. I still felt chumpy about it though, so I drove to the one on the other end of town so I wouldn't be known as the "crazy lady who returned a pantry load of food" when I go in to the one by the house.
So, come on...join in the fun...what do you have to confess today?

4 comments:

  1. That's crazy that Trader Joe's will let you return stuff like that. Pretty cool! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a cool new way to let people in on your life more. You crack my ass up girl.. 7 pairs underwear dangling from your ceiling fan? lmao! I dont blame you one bit for returning those groceries. You deserve to get your money back if you arent going to use them. How is the new way of life going for you? I bet being off sugar was hard to start, but in the long run Im sure you feel like a new person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I didn't know TJs does that...I hope you feel normal again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would name the French Bulldog, "Cosette" from Les Miserables.
    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete