Japanese Steakhouse Chicken and Veggies with White Sauce
Recipe very slightly adapted from: This Mommy Cooks
- Chicken, cut into bite size pieces (or any meat you choose)
- Lemon Pepper
- Choice of veggies, cut into bite sized pieces
- Soy Sauce (I used 1-2 TBSP total)
- Oil of choice
- 1-1/4 cup real mayonnaise (Hellman's or Duke's)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Sriracha Sauce (you could also use cayenne pepper sauce)
The night before you want to serve this, make the White Sauce by using a fork or a whisk to combine all ingredients together until mixed and the sauce is smooth. Refrigerate overnight for the flavors to blend.
For the chicken and veggies:
In separate pans, heat a small amount of oil. Season chicken with salt and Lemon Pepper.
Cook chicken, careful not to over cook, add some real soy sauce to taste. For the vegetables, you pretty much do the same thing. Slice up your chosen vegetables, and place in heated oil, season with a little Lemon Pepper and Soy Sauce. Cook until still slightly crisp.
This recipe has been linked up at:
This Chick Cooks
The Country Cook
SImply Sweet Home