Prepare to look like a SUPERSTAR! Yes, I did just say "SUPERSTAR", just try not to sprain something when you kneel on one knee with your jazz hands in the air doing your Molly Shannon pose as you say it. This lovely little beauty is a Cooking Light recipe. Yes, I did just say "Cooking Light", just try not gasp so hard you lodge your gum in your trachea.
Amazing, full of flavor, easy, and HEALTHY....need I say more?! Let's get this show on the road!
- 4 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 TBSP all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 1 TBSP minced garlic, jarred is perfectly fine
- 1/2 tsp dried Tarragon (you can substitute Basil or Parsley, though I think the Tarragon is so interesting and scrumptious)
- 1 package, 8 ounces, pre-sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
Combine 1 TBSP flour, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Sprinkle over chicken, toss to coat.
Heat 1 TBSP oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and saute 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 TBSP oil to pan. Add mushrooms and Tarragon. Saute for 2 minutes, then add garlic and saute an additional minute or so until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken. Be sure not to burn the garlic (bleck)!
Add wine to pan; cook 1 minute, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in remaining 1 TBSP of flour, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, and chicken broth. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Stir in noodles, cook for 1 minute or until noodles are thoroughly reheated. Top with cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
As an added bonus, drum roll please....only 350 calories per serving!
This recipe has been linked at:
This Chick Cooks
Eat at Home