Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Creamy Sausage Rotel Cheese Dip



Here is an easy, yummy dip just in time for the big game on Sunday! How can you go wrong with sausage, Rotel, and cheese? You can control the level of spice by the type of Rotel and/or sausage you use. This recipe was too big for my little dipper crockpot and too small for my gigantic family sized crockpot, so I made it on the stove in a skillet, set it on the table in the skillet, and then reheated it on the stove again as needed. Sometimes you just have to do a little improv :)

Creamy Sausage Rotel Dip
8 oz cream cheese
1 can Rotel, drained
1 lb breakfast sausage, I used Jimmy Dean original
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Brown the sausage on the stove and drain.
  • Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and can of drained Rotel in a crockpot.
  • Add sausage to top and cook on low for 90 minutes or high for 45 minutes. Stir the sausage into cheese/Rotel mixture until well combined.
  • Serve with tortilla chips.
Enjoy! Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. My crockpot is too big for this, I think. Think it'll work on the stovetop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret! I was in the same crockpot situation...my little dipper thingy was too small and my normal one was too big. You can totally do it on the stove top :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete