Luckily AC-Man is coming any minute now. Sitting here feeling the heat in the house climb and climb to over 79 degrees now (at 10:00am), I am reminded how THANKFUL I am for crockpot meals. Ahhh, to have comfort food without heating up your entire house or slaving over a store for hours and hours to produce such scrumptiousness.
This recipe was given to me by my friend Jill of Sublime Hodge Podge, who told me in no uncertain terms that I MUST make these and if I didn't experience these sent from heaven morsels, I would be doomed to a life of nothingness, blandness, bleakness....or something like that. So, here you are....the worlds easiest Pork Chop and Gravy recipe. Consider this your PSA for the day, try not to lick the crockpot while the heavenly aroma of the gravy starts wafting through your home!
- 4 whole Bone-in Pork Chops
- 1 envelope Onion Soup Mix (1 Oz. Packet)
- 1-½ cup Chicken Broth....definitely use low sodium
- 1 can (10.5 Oz) Cream Of Chicken Soup....definitely use low sodium
- 1 envelope Dry Pork Gravy Mix (1 Oz. Packet)
- Optional - I added a can of drained mushrooms and a tsp of Italian Herb Seasoning
Place pork chops in slow cooker. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients and pour over chops. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice to take advantage of all the yummy gravy.
This recipe has been linked up at:
Eat at Home