It is fabulous and kick yourself easy, so give it a whirl.
- 2 pounds red or gold potatoes, halved and sliced about 1/2" thick
- 2 packages whole mushrooms, 8-10 ounces each. If they are large, go ahead and halve them.
- 2 red bell peppers, chunked up into large bite sized pieces.
- 1 large red onion, chunked up into large bite sized pieces.
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Enough to coat all veggies thoroughly.
- 1 TBSP Montreal Steak Seasoning. That stuff is magic in a jar I tell you.
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 4 TBSP butter (optional)
- 2 packages, 14 ounces each, Smoked and/or Kielbasa sausage. Feel free to use Turkey Sausage, gobble, gobble.
In a large roasting pan, combine all the veggies and toss with 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil to ensure even coating. If all the pieces aren't thoroughly coated, add a little more oil, up to 1/2 cup TOTAL. Sprinkle Montreal Steak Seasoning and garlic salt. Use your hands again to toss well to make sure all veggies have some seasoning on it. If you are in the butter is NOT optional camp, dot the top of veggies with butter.
|BEFORE - |
Make sure all the veggies are somewhat the same size to ensure even cooking
Cover roasting pan with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes.
Cut up sausage into single serving pieces, not bite sized, and set aside.
Once the initial 30 minute cook time is completed, remove from oven and remove foil carefully so you don't get a steam burn. Place sausage on top of veggies and return to the oven with no foil on top. Cook an additional 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and sausage is warmed thoroughly.
There you have it...easy peasy!
Once you pull it out of the oven, crack your oven door and use the heat you already paid for to help heat the house!
Stay warm my friends!
This recipe has been linked to:
Nikkis Nifty Knacks
Eat at Home Cooks