Southwest Chicken Melts
- 1 loaf french bread, cut lengthwise
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (take some help from the store and get a store bought rotisserie chicken. You will use about 1/2 the meat to equal 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayo (you can use light)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (you can use light)
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese Mexican Cheese Blend
Place french bread on large baking sheet.
Mix all topping ingredients together in a bowl.
Spread topping evenly on top of both lengths of french bread. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
This recipe has been linked up at:
Simply Sweet Home
This Chick Cooks