Talk about a yum-i-licious, ultra gooey dish-o-delish!
I find lasagna it to be one of the upmost comfot foods whether it be a meat and marinara sauce type, vegetarian, or this one like this. It feeds a crowd and can be made ahead of time to keep your evenings easier. L. O. V. E. love it!
Recipe Source: The ever-fabulous Melanie from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- dash of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cup frozen corn kernels, white or yellow
- 1 (6 ounce) can olives, chopped ***I omitted because olives make me want to hurl****
- 9-12 no-boil lasagna noodles (I love the Barilla brand), or boil and drain regular lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream, light or regular
- 8 ounces cream cheese, light or regular
In a large 12-inch skillet, brown the ground beef or turkey and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Drain the grease. Add the minced garlic and tomato paste. Stir to combine well and cook for about a minute. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, cayenne, oregano and salt and pepper. Mix well. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Add the black beans, corn and olives. Mix well and heat through, about 5 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the heat. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer three (or four, depending on the brand of noodles you use) noodles over the sauce. Spread 1/3 of the sauce over the noodles. Dollop 1/3 of the sour cream and 1/3 of the cream cheese (just pinch off chunks and toss them on top) across the sauce. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheeses. Repeat the layers two more times until all the ingredients are used.
Cover the lasagna with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more, until the lasagna is hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into and serving.
This recipe has been linked up at:
Simply Sweet Home