Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Ingredients for 1 drink:
• 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks, slightly defrosted
• 1/8 cup good quality light rum
• 1/2" thick round slice of lime, cut in half
• 4 mint leaves
• 1 TBSP superfine sugar or simple syrup *
• 1/8 cup-1/4 cup club soda
In a cocktail shaker or glass, muddle together the lime, mint leaves, and fine sugar or simple syrup. To achieve this, I used the handle of my potato masher, and squashed everything together, making sure to get the lime juice out of the slice and bruise the mint leaves. Set aside.
In a blender, blend together the slightly defrosted mango chunks and rum until combined. If you would like a few chunks of mango, don't blend completely.
Empty the rum mango puree into cocktail shaker with the muddled mixture. Starting with 1/8 cup club soda, add to mango mixture, stir with a spoon to combine.
Fill a short glass with ice and pour mixture over it, adding an additional 1/8 cup club soda if desired.
Grab a friend, some guacamole, and enjoy this fabulous drink with some good laughs!
* You can buy superfine sugar or you can make it. To make superfine sugar, simply place 1 cup regular sugar into a small food processor and process until very fine in appearance. To make simple syrup, take bring 1cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool. Bottle it up and keep in fridge for future use.
This recipe is being linked to:
Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin' It
Simply Sweet Home's Friday Favorites