Sunday, May 23, 2010

A-MAZING Salsa

For being quite the salsa connoisseur, I have only made salsa 3 times in my life. The first time, I made a chunky Pico de Gallo that was quite yummy. The second time, was MUSHROOM SALSA...and that was spectacular. The third time, I made the recipe I am going to share with you today. It has such crazy-good flavor and is so silly simple to make, I cannot imagine why you would ever buy the stuff in the jar again! It is a hybrid between the Pioneer Woman version and a Copy-Cat version of Chili's salsa. ENJOY!


Ingredients:

  • 1 can whole tomatoes WITH juice, 28 ounces
  • 2 cans Rotel WITH juice(diced tomatoes with green chilies), 10 ounces each
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 whole jalapeno chopped. Depending on your heat preference is how much seeds and ribs to remove. If you like it hotter, leave in more seeds/ribs. I removed all seeds and ribs and it was plenty spicy for my family.
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped

Using a food processor or blender (if you do use a blender, you may have to make it in batches then combine one in bowl) place onion, garlic and jalapeno and pulse until minced. Add tomatoes, Rotel, garlic salt, sugar, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro and pulse until ingredients are well blended, but not pureed. Place in bowl and set in fridge allowing all ingredients to meld together and make friends for at least an hour. You know the drill, the longer it sets, the better it will be!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! This recipe is "crazy good" and sooooo "silly simple" to make! :-) I adore how you worded this salsa. Perfectly said indeed! :-) Beautiful picture too! :-)

    ReplyDelete