- Scant (not full) 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 pounds ground beef. It is recommended that you use 80/20. I used 85/15 and they didn't shrink up to completely fit the sheet of dinner rolls, but I was ok with that.
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt. I used Lawry's, but how I longed for my long-lost Johnnies......
- 6 slices of your cheese of choice
- 12 count package of dinner rolls. I used the King's Hawaiian Dinner Rolls just like I did in these yummy nibbles
In a 9x13 baking pan, sprinkle the dried minced onions evenly over bottom. Gently and evenly, press the ground beef into a large rectangle on top of the dried minced onion, patting the top to make level and smooth. Sprinkle the seasoned salt on top of the meat and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove from oven and pat top of meat with paper towels to remove the excess grease. Place cheese slices on top and return to oven for another minute or so, until the cheese is melted. At this point, I made a little bed of brown paper bag and paper towels on a cutting board and removed the meat, keeping it in one piece, with a GIANT BBQ spatula. I allowed the excess grease to soak up on it's special little resting place while I sliced the package of rolls in half horizontally. Then, using the GIANT BBQ spatula again, I placed the meat on the bottom of the rolls, and topped with the top half of rolls. Cut into individual little servings and viola....sliders!!
The possibilities are endless here....I am already thinking of doing a Mushroom Swiss version, maybe even add in some bacon. Create and enjoy!
This recipe has been linked up to:
Simply Sweet Home: Friday Favorites