Sometimes, great things come out of those "whoops" moments. Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ice Cream Cones, and Potato Chips were all "whoops" moments. Now, I am not claiming my "whoops" as life changing as those, but it did work well for us! I mis-read the amounts for parts of this soup, but thankfully, I was able to fix it...except that it basically doubled everything except the chicken and corn. But guess what...we LOVED it! And by "we" I mean, the hubby AND the kiddos. It was a perfect broth to chunk ratio for us and the next day, we ladled the leftovers over a bowl of hot rice (not pictured above) and that was fabulous too!! I also served this with some Monterey Ranch Bread, recipe coming later this week. This was a great and welcome change to soup time, not to mention it is insanely fast and easy, easy, easy.
BBQ Chicken Soup
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP fresh minced garlic
- 1can (11 ounces) corn with peppers, drained. Also called MexiCorn.
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) White Chunk Chicken, drained. Don't let this scare you! I used Trader Joe's, but Swanson and Costco have a version that is great too. You of course can always use diced or shredded chicken breast as well
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ Sauce. I used Bullseye Original.
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt, i.e., Johnnie's or Lawry's
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Optional: steamed White Rice to ladle soup over
Recipe adapted from: Picky Palate
This recipe was linked up at:
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
Frou Frou Decor
Simply Sweet Home
Delightful Country Cookin'
Eat at Home
The Country Cook