Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Taco Soup

I know that everyone has a recipe for Taco Soup....and guess what, so do I! 
For those who may not have tried Taco Soup, it is kind of a lighter chili-ish type meal.  Perfect to serve with Corn Bread or Frito's, you can top it with any normal chili toppings.  It has a wonderful balance of flavors that is sure to please the kiddos as well as adults.
I particularly love that this is so easy, just open throw it in the crockpot and walk away....it makes a TON so perfect for large gatherings or for leftovers.
Speaking of, one of our favorite ways to use up the leftovers is for NACHOS...YUM!



TACO SOUP
  • 2 pounds ground beef or ground hamburger
  • 2 cups diced onions
  • 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
  • 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can kidney or black beans
  • 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chilies, like Rotel
  • 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chilies
  • 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix (the dry stuff)
  • Optional toppings for serving:  Corn Chips, Sour Cream, Grated Cheese, Chopped Green Onions, Pickled Jalapeno 
Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chilies, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours.
ENJOY!


Recipe Source:  Adapted from Paula Deen

This recipe has been linked up at:
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
Frou Frou Decor
Tidy Mom
Simply Sweet Home
Mommy's Kitchen
The Country Cook

10 comments:

  1. I love taco soup! What a great idea - to use leftovers for nachos. I never even thought of that!! You are just too clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I like that you serve it with Fritos scoops. That makes it fun for the kids to scoop it up. And those nachos are the perfect lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, exactly the savory dish that I need in my life. Very scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I could dive face first into that plate of nachos! lol. Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. As chili addict here...this would be a good variation...

    Don't cha just love Paula. I just ate at her Lady and Sons back in October...

    I'd love if you could link up your recipe at

    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2011/01/creative-juice-thursday-6-features-and.html

    <3
    nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am telling you Siggy, Taco Soup is one of my VERY favorite kinds of soup! Too bad my spoon will fit into this screen so I could get a taste of it! :-) And yes, those nachos are to die for too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great!! I havent had taco soup forever! I'm gonna print this recipe now : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks pretty similar to the trusty recipe that I use - but I've never thought to use the leftovers for nachos! Brilliant! Thanks for sharing that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love me some Taco soup! Hmmm maybe I should make some..never have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds delicious.
    Do you drain the beans?

    ReplyDelete