For those who may not have tried Taco Soup, it is kind of a lighter chili-ish type meal. Perfect to serve with Corn Bread or Frito's, you can top it with any normal chili toppings. It has a wonderful balance of flavors that is sure to please the kiddos as well as adults.
I particularly love that this is so easy, just open throw it in the crockpot and walk away....it makes a TON so perfect for large gatherings or for leftovers.
Speaking of, one of our favorite ways to use up the leftovers is for NACHOS...YUM!
- 2 pounds ground beef or ground hamburger
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can kidney or black beans
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chilies, like Rotel
- 2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix (the dry stuff)
- Optional toppings for serving: Corn Chips, Sour Cream, Grated Cheese, Chopped Green Onions, Pickled Jalapeno
Recipe Source: Adapted from Paula Deen
This recipe has been linked up at:
Nikki's Nifty Knacks
Frou Frou Decor
Simply Sweet Home
The Country Cook