The lovely Holly from Life as a Lofthouse posted this salad a few days ago and I couldn't WAIT to try it. So, I did.
Then, I couldn't WAIT to share it with you.
So, I am.
This super simple salad was a total home run with the whole family.
As in, once our plates were clean, we were looking around for more.
As in, I contemplated using the rest of the strawberries I had to make this salad again instead of using them for strawberry shortcake like I promised the kiddos.
ALSO, since you guys overwhelmingly liked the idea of nutrtional information on my recipes, make sure to check out the "Food Facts" at the end of the post.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
Recipe slightly adapted from: Life as a Lofthouse
- 1 - 2 TBSP Coconut Oil, (you could use Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (about 1/4"- 1/2") and even
- salt and lemon pepper to taste
- 1 10-ounce bag chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 12 large strawberries, sliced
- 4 TBSP sliced, toasted almonds. I used Almond Accent's brand.
- 1 large green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Poppy Seed Salad Dressing. I used the Brianna's brand.
- 1/4 cup Light Raspberry Vinaigrette. I used the Kraft brand.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the Poppy Seed Dressing and the Raspberry Vinaigrette.
Divide the lettuce between 4 plates. Divide and layer chicken, strawberries, green onions, and almonds between the 4 plates. Top with 2 TBSP salad dressing. ENJOY!
Per serving with specific brands and measurements:
- Calories: 357
- Total Fat: 14g
- Total Carbs: 16g
- Total Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 36.7g
Simply Sweet Home
Nikki's Knifty Knacks
Eat at Home Cooks
Eat at Home