"A change (change, change) would do you good
I said a change (change, change) would do you good (a change would do you goooood)"
What does that song have to do with this recipe? Well, not too much other than it is the song that kept going through my mind as I ate it, and now that I am sharing it with you....it's BACK!
This recipe is a fabulous change-up to the taste buds. Not really a typical "spaghetti with meat sauce", it is my favorite pizza toppings with scantly sauced steak so tender and flavorful, your mouth will be doing the happy dance.
So, go make a change and try this recipe, it will do you good.
Yes, corny segway...what can I say...I am EXHAUSTED today and the coffee has not kicked in quite yet.
Recipe slightly adapted from: My Tasty Treasures who adapted from Rachael Ray
- 2½ pounds steak. I used Sirloin, but you can use Porterhouse or Ribeye, I would not use a Flank Steak.
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced, crushed or pressed.
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced. I used 1 red and 1 green.
- 2-3 ounces sliced pepperoni, diced
- ½ cup dry red wine(I used Merlot)
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Cooked pasta, I used Bowtie to stand up to a heavier sauce.
This recipe has been linked to:
This Chick Cooks
Simply Sweet Home
Eat at Home