Monday, April 5, 2010

Chicken Tortellini Caesar Salad

I hope all of you had a GREAT weekend! Here in the NC, I have experienced pollen in epic proportions, UGH! I had heard that the allergies here were rough, so I went to the Farmer's Market and bought some local honey a few weeks ago and had the kiddos started eating it right away. They have barely had a runny nose. Me, not so much. Have I said UGH yet?! Seriously people, this is crazy! I am talking yellow dust coating cars and roadways!

Enough about that. I had planned on waiting to share this recipe until it was a little more summer in more parts of the country, but I can't wait any longer. Because it is 90 degrees today, and because it is going to be 92 degrees tomorrow and we are going to the beach. Because everyone more than likely gorged themselves yesterday and are wanting something on the lighter side. But more so, because I feel like I need to spread the love and not horde this amazingly simple scrumptious creation. So, I give you my SIG-nature recipe for Chicken Tortellini Caesar Salad....though calling it a recipe is a stretch. This meal says summer to me. This meal says, "it is too hot and I am too tired to cook" to me. This meal is freaking AWESOME!
Ingredients:
  • 1 chicken, cooked and deboned. You can take some help from the store and buy a rotisserie chicken, which is what I almost always do :)
  • 24 ounces of refrigerated cheese tortellini. I buy the Costco-sized twin pack and and use 1 of them. Otherwise, buy 2 packages of the "regular sized" tortellini in the refrigerated section, about 9 ounces each
  • 2 heads of Romaine lettuce, washed and excess water removed.
  • 1 cup, more or less to taste your favorite Caesar Dressing. If you do not have a favorite, I HIGHLY recommend using "Briannas Home Style Asiago Caesar Dressing"
  • Shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
Cut chicken meat into bite sized pieces. Set aside while you prepare rest of salad.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add cheese tortellini. Cook according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain pasta and run cold water over until temperature of tortellini has cooled thoroughly to at least room temperature.
In a VERY large bowl, tear washed Romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces. Add chicken and tortellini, gently mixing to distribute all ingredients evenly. Starting with 1/2 cup adding up to 1 cup Caesar dressing, stir until all pieces are coated with dressing. Garnish with desired amount of shredded Parmesan cheese. ENJOY!!!

This recipe has been linked up at:
 Mommy's Kitchen Sunday Potluck!
Simply Sweet Home's Friday Favorites
This Chick Cooks
Country Cooks Across America

3 comments:

  1. What a GREAT dinner! Sounds delicious! All things I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad looks great! Thanks for sharing your post for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That is a bad case of pollen! Hope you feel better soon. That tortellini salad sounds so good, Siggy! Thanks for coming over to share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe spotlight. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete