Friday, April 23, 2010

Cookie Dough Pie

Yup, you read that right.  Cookie.  Dough.  Pie.  I'll give you a moment.....
While cruising through some food blogs, I came across this recipe on Big Red Kitchen and had it copied into my "must try" file immediately.  I am totally seeing many variations of this to experiment with, but I just had to share the original.  Now.  Immediately.   My family and I agree it is kind of like an ice cream cake (pie) with cookie dough bits in it.  Ok, I will quit talking about it and just give you the IN-SANELY easy recipe....
Ready???

Ingredients:
  • 15.25 ounce package Original Chips Ahoy Cookies (not the chewy kind)
  • 8 ounces Cool Whip
  • 2 cups milk (see note below)
  • Chocolate Sauce, for drizzle
Quickly dip cookies in milk, shake off excess liquid, and layer in 9 inch pie plate, breaking cookies to fill any gaps. Once the first layer is complete, top with a thin layer of Cool Whip. Repeat twice more making last layer of Cool Whip a bit thicker. Garnish with chocolate syrup if desired. Place in freezer 2-3 hours before serving. Serves 6-8.

Note- You must dip quickly or your pie will be very soggy. Make sure to shake off excess milk as well so that you do not have a puddle of milk in your pie. You will have leftover milk but you do need that amount to get the cookie completely immersed. The final product will be like a soft cookie dough-like consistency.


This recipe is linked up at:
Tiday Mom's I'm Loving It
Simply Sweet Home's Friday Favorites
Mommy's Kitchen Sunday Potluck

7 comments:

  1. you know you had me at "cookie dough"....I'm sure my family will want to try this for sure!!

    Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This looks scrumptious! If you have time, I'd love for you to come by and link up for my Friday Favorites party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW and that sounds way too easy! I have to try =] thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! Gotta try this one. I'm sure it will be a hit with my family.. Chips Ahoy.. cookie dough.. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just coming back by to let you know that I'll be featuring your pie for this week's Friday Favorites. Come by and get a featured button for your blog if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Yummy, I need to make this!

    ReplyDelete