Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BBQ Meatballs

Yum, yum, yum, and yum!  This was my first venture into the meatball arena that wasn't accompanied by marinara sauce and spaghetti noodles.  Boy am I glad I did...venture that is.  Though I would have to say, we think of these more as little meatloaf meatballs because it isn't what I think of as a BBQ sauce.  Whatever it reminds you of, it is total comfort food here!
So, if you have tried Pioneer Woman's BBQ Meatballs already, then you know what I am talkin' about.  If you haven't tried them yet, make them as soon as possible...you will be happy you did!

Ingredients

  FOR MEATBALLS
  • 1-½ pound Ground Beef
  •  ¾ cups Oats
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons Very Finely Minced Onion
  • 1-½ teaspoon Salt
  • Plenty Of Ground Black Pepper (to Taste)
   FOR COOKING MEATBALLS
  • 1 cup All-Purpose Flour (coating For Frozen Meatballs)
  • Canola Oil
  FOR SAUCE
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
  • 4 Tablespoons (to 6 Tablespoons) finely diced onion
  • 1 dash(es) Tabasco - optional...which I optioned out of.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.
After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.
Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish, like a 9"x13" pan.
Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with  mashed potatoes.

This recipe is linked up at:
Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin' It
Mommy's Kitchen Sunday Potluck

2 comments:

  1. Arent they the best. Comfort food in a little old balls. Luv them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried this PW recipe yet...thanks for sharing it!!

    Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete