Today, we are dubbing it Go Green Smoothie for Earth Day!
This is such a GREAT and HEALTHY smoothie. My kiddos absolutely LOVE it and they have no clue what gives it it's lovely green color, because you CANNOT taste it! Trust me! Make it, but don't tell your kiddos, and you can pat yourself on the back knowing you got them to eat a serving of spinach for breakfast!
Go Green Smoothie
- 1 cup milk - your choice regular, skim, Almond, Coconut, Rice, or Soy...sweetened or not, vanilla or plain.
- 1 banana - I like to use frozen, but use what you have
- 1 cup pineapple*
- 1/2 cup mango*
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 TBSP Agave Syrup, or other sweetner, if desired
- 1-2 TBSP Vanilla or Italian Sweet Cream non-dairy creamer. I like the creaminess this lends to any smoothie
- 1 TBSP physillium husks or flax seed for an added boost
In a blender, combine milk, banana, pineapple and mango. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add spinach leaves and continue to process until smooth. Add ice and any or all optional ingredients. Blend again. ENJOY!
I have swapped out the pineapple/mango for strawberries or blueberries. They both taste just as fabulous, just remember it will change the color from the vibrant green!
This recipe has been linked up at:
Teaching Your Middle Schooler
Simply Sweet Home