Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Queen's Banana Pudding

...and by the Queen, I am talking the Queen of southern cooking, Paula Deen.  This dish does look somewhat royal to me with the use of the Chessman Cookies.  It could be a yum-i-licious treat to celebrate a certain royal wedding coming up.  OK, that is a stretch.  Banana Pudding has NOTHING to do with royal weddings.  Great...now I have the image of the Queen in her hat, suit, and gloves trying to wrangle a silver spoonful of this southern staple into her mouth with the royal Corgi's gazing longingly for a bite.
OK, I need to move along...this post is getting really weird.
This is the most AMAZING Banana Pudding!  Truly decadent and scrumptious, it is a breeze to put together and a delight to eat!

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding
Recipe Source:  Paula Deen
  • 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
  • 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding (I used regular Vanilla)
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve

This recipe has been linked up at:
Tidy Mom
Simply Sweet Home
Mommy's Kitchen

7 comments:

  1. OMG I have to make that for Jon. He is a nana pudding freak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ( I'd give anything for a dessert right now. 8 more weeks.. 8 more weeks... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a taster of this wonderful dessert - it was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa!! Cream cheese in banana pudding... It sounds like heaven! And no vanilla wafers. I hate those things. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made this too..LOL. I took pics to blog about it but I'll hold off for a while..LMBO. It really is so good, isn't it??!! And that is such a cute idea to look at it as a Royal Dessert - perfect!! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! - I was just thinking of this dessert the other day! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete