Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sneaky Brownie Bites


As we have already established, I love a quick and easy treat. 
(((insert "that's what she said" joke here)))
Add in the benefit of being healthier than their average counterpart, and I am SO there. 
These Sneaky Brownie Bites are similar to my recipe for Pumpkin Muffin Cookies, only chocolaty. 
I love them because I can have a fudgy little treat without feeling like I am blowing all the work I did in Zumba class.  
I love them for my 3 little kidlets because all that pumpkin is chocked full of vitamin A and antioxidants, plus it is a good source of vitamins C, K, and E, AND lots of minerals, including magnesium, potassium, and iron.  Hooray for pumpkin!
My kids love them because they are good.  
Take the 2 minutes to mix these up and give you and yours a sneaky shot of deliciousness!

Sneaky Brownie Bites
  • 1 box of Devils Food Cake Cake Mix
  • 1 can (15 ounces) Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/4 cup Mini-Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
Using a hand mixer, combine cake mix, pumpkin, and vanilla.  Add chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
Fill mini-muffin tin with batter using a small cookie scoop.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.  You will not be able to distiguish the pumpkin if you allow to cool completely.  Dust with some powdered sugar if you are feeling fancy.
Yield:  36 mini-bites

FOOD FACTS:
per mini-bite

CALORIES:  69.3
FAT:  1.9
CARBS:  13
FIBER:  .7
SUGAR:  7.6
PROTEIN:  .8

This recipe has been linked up at:
Tidy Mom
Simply Sweet Home
Mommy's Kitchen
This Chick Cooks

15 comments:

  1. mmm adding to my must try list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! Can you taste the pumpkin at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Jill, once they are cooled, you cannot taste the pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These really look delicious and I can imagine how moist they stay with that pumpkin in them. I also love the size of them. I'm so pleased you stop by to visit my site. I hope you'll be back often. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What agreat treat, I need recipe like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy AND there are some healthy benefits to them. Such a clever idea!!! And choc-o-late...nummmyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!

    I am chomping at the bit to make this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm... maybe i can sneak some pumpkin in on myself with this one! looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw these on Hungry Girl's show recently and blogged about them. Hard to believe the large muffin is only 181 calories... and nobody in the family could taste the pumpkin. Great stuff.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't love brownies? Please share your recipe with our readers by linking up at Muffin Monday. Thanks!
    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-applesauce-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love a recipe that adds a little veggie. May have to try this with my kiddos. :) Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhhh, I'm so pinning this! It would be a great snack for the kids, and it doesn't have eggs, which is great for my little allergy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful that these are sneaky by adding the pumpkin. LOVE that :) They sound delicious. Thanks for coming by to share your recipe, Siggy.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds wonderful!!! I will be trying these soon :)

    Hope you can come see me at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Siggy! I am featuring your sneaky bites today. Thanks for sharing them. Have a good one!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete