- 1 package (3 ounces) oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix
- ½ cup pre-sliced almonds
- Red Wine Asian Vinaigrette, recipe below, use entire amount
- 1/2 package (whole bag is 14-16 ounces) coleslaw mix or broccoli slaw mix
- 1 package romaine lettuce (10 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 scallions, both white and light green parts, chopped
Homemade Red Wine Asian Vinaigrette:
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Ramen noodles Oriental flavor seasoning packet
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Break up the ramen noodles with your hands and place them and the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the noodles and almonds turn light brown, 7 - 9 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
Meanwhile, Make the salad dressing below and set aside. Place the slaw mix, romaine lettuce, chicken, cilantro and scallions in a large serving bowl.
Toss to combine the ingredients well. Just before serving, pour the salad dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Scatter the toasted almonds and noodles on top and serve.
Recipe Source: The Dinner Doctor
This recipe has been linked up at:
Mommy's Kitchen Sunday Potluck
Eat at Home