Friday, June 4, 2010

Menu Plan Friday


I am setting out some lofty goals for Siggy Spice that I thought I would share with you and maybe (please, please) get your thoughts on them as well.
  1. I have started putting my Weekly Menu Plans on the Siggy Spice Face Book page, but I am going to post it here as well on Fridays.  Because the blog is so new, there may not be links to the recipes yet, BUT I love getting inspiration from seeing what others are cooking for the week.  So feel free to use this as a virtual think tank of ideas and please share yours as well!
  2. With summer break here, I want to take a day of the week and post a kiddo specific meal, snack, or idea.  Some might be things you have seen or heard of before, but there may be something new to incorporate into your repertoire.
  3. I am going to bring back "Favorite Finds".  I love hearing about products that people love that I may have never tried.  This can be food items or other things that have made my life easier or made me smile.
OK, onto the menu plan for this week...INCLUDING LUNCHES, you know summer break and all brings the need for some creative lunches.

Friday
     Lunch - Triangle Crescent Bread topped with PB& Honey and fresh fruit
     Dinner - Panko crusted Tilapia, Potato Wedges, Coleslaw

Saturday
     Lunch - Costco
     Dinner - BBQ Cheeseburgers, Baked Fajita Fries, BBQ Beans

Sunday
     Lunch - Hot dogs, chips, apples
     Dinner - BBQ Country Style Ribs, potato salad, corn on the cob

Monday
     Lunch - Octopus on Seaweed, Goldfish, Apricots
     Dinner - Sweet and Sour Chicken, Rice, Potstickers

Tuesday
     Lunch - Macaroni and cheese, carrots and celery with ranch yogurt dip
     Dinner - Beefy Garden Patch Soup, Salad, Homemade Breadsticks

Wednesday
     Lunch - Peanut butter, Nutella, Banana quesadilla, GM Smoothie
     Dinner - Asian Chicken Broccoli Slaw

Thursday
     Lunch - Pizza Sticks, Creamy Cucumber Salad
     Dinner - Southwest Chicken Chile Hoagie Melts, Mexican Chopped Salad

Friday
     Lunch - Homemade Lunchable's, Grapes
     Dinner - Swedish Meatballs, Egg Noodles, Peas and Carrots

So, again...I would love some feedback on my goals/ideas and of course what you have on your menu plan for the week

No comments:

Post a Comment